Mishkan ha-Echad

Sunday 29 June 2008

Poetry: Aleph

In keeping with the nature of my previous posts on the Hebrew alphabet, I'd like to offer a link to a poem of mine I wrote around a year ago on the letter Aleph. It was originally published in Issue 2 of Hidden Spirit, a small esoteric magazine here in Ireland, and then republished online in the Journal of the Western Mystery Tradition (recommended). You can check it out here:


For those who've read my previous post, the poem should make a lot more sense. I also have another poem on the letter Teth, but I'll save that for when we get to that letter. It's my intent to ultimately write a poem for each letter - much easier said than done!

2 comments:

A.M. said...

This is an absolutely gorgeous poem. It has both wildness and discipline, like the best poems do, and lots of magick as well, which too many poems are lacking. (And, by happenstance, it feels personal to me, since I use 'Aleph' as a semi-public magickal nickname sometimes.)

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

Frater Yechidah said...

Thank you kindly, Aleph. I'm really glad you liked it :)

The only other one completed so far is Teth. I tried my hand at a few others, but wasn't happy with them, but I do intend to finish the series at some stage. I just need a certain "angle" to approach each letter and the rest will flow from there.

Thanks again for the comment, and, I will, by all means, continue to share :)

LLLSHJ,
Yechidah.

Support the Blog

If you enjoyed this content and would like to see more of it, or would like to buy me a cup of tea as a thank you, make a donation through Kerubim Press by clicking the button below.

Thank you! Your support and patronage is much appreciated!